Terms and Conditions for “Tell Shell” Online Feedback
Below are the terms and conditions for the "Tell Shell" Online Feedback monthly prize draw promotion.
- 1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 years or over and who are a resident of England, Scotland or Wales excluding employees of the Shell Group of companies, their families, agencies, advisors, franchisees, suppliers and any persons assisting in the promotion. This includes any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; any person entering via an agent or using the services of, or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering the prize promotion.
- 2. Internet access required.
How to enter
- 3. The “Tell Shell” monthly prize draw promotion runs from [1 January 2016] to [31 December 2016] inclusive (the “Promotional Period”). There are 12 cycles of monthly prize draws during the Promotional Period and there will be eleven prize draws in respect of each calendar month during the Promotional Period. There will be:
- a) one monthly prize draw in respect of each award of £100 (one hundred pounds) worth of Shell fuel vouchers; and
- b) 10 monthly prize draws in respect of each award of 1000 Shell Drivers’ Club points, for each calendar month during the Promotional Period.
- 4. To be entered into one of the prize draws, participants must complete and submit the “Tell Shell” feedback form at www.shell.co.uk/tellshell. A properly completed “Tell Shell” feedback form qualifies as a single entry into the relevant prize draw. Only one entry per person per calendar month.
- 5. To be entered into the prize draw for a particular calendar month, participants must submit their “Tell Shell” feedback form before 23:59GMT on the last day of the applicable calendar month (the “Closing Time”).
- 6. All valid entries will be automatically entered into the relevant prize draw.
- 7. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical problems. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- 8. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
The prize draw
- 9. The prize draws will be conducted by Shell. The winner of each prize draw will be randomly selected from all valid entries received in respect of that particular prize draw on the next working day following the Closing Time for that prize draw.
- 10. Winners will be contacted by Shell within  days of the Closing Time for the relevant prize draw by telephone and/or by email using the contact details provided by him/her to Shell at the time of completing the “Tell Shell” feedback form. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available within this period, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner from the remaining entries received in respect of that particular prize draw. The prize will be sent to the winner by registered post on a date and to an address as agreed with the Promoter.
- 11. There is 1 (one) prize of £100 (one hundred pounds) worth of Shell fuel vouchers and 10 (ten) prizes of 1000 Shell Drivers’ Club points to be won each calendar month during the Promotional Period. In total, there are 12 prizes of £100 (one hundred pounds) worth of Shell fuel vouchers to be won and 120 prizes of 1000 Shell Drivers’ Club points to be won. Shell fuel vouchers can only be used to purchase Shell fuel at participating Shell service stations in the United Kingdom and are subject to the terms and conditions as stated thereon. Shell fuel vouchers must be utilised by the expiry date stated on the vouchers and no extensions will be permitted. Shell Drivers` Club Points can only be won by Shell Drivers’ Club Customers and participants must register as a Shell Drivers` Club customer to claim any prize of Shell Drivers’ Club points.
- 12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- 13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on www.shell.co.uk/tellshell or during entry into the promotion. The Promoter tries to ensure the standard of the website remains high but cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the website without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control.
- 14. To the extent only permitted by applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to use a winner’s voice, image, photograph, name and likeness for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and in entering the promotion, all entrants consent to the same.
- 15. No cash alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable. By accepting the prize, a winner agrees to hold the Promoter and its affiliates harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the award of, the use or misuse of any prize. Where the law implies warranties, which cannot be excluded, the Promoter’s liability for breach of those warranties is limited to resupplying the prize (or paying for the costs thereof), where this is permitted by law. A winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
- 16. If proven to be technically incorrect or in the event of breach of security and also fraud, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or suspend the promotion. In addition, the Promoter reserves the right to extend any time limit relating to the Promotion for whatever reason.
- 17. The Promoter's decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 18. By entering the promotion participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions which will be interpreted in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 19. The name and county of the winners will be made available on request to those sending an email to UK-Retail-Marketing@shell.com within 6 weeks of the relevant prize draw Closing Time.
- 20. By entering the promotion participants agree that their data may be used to contact a winner of the promotion and for publicity purposes as stated above and a winner’s name and county will be provided on request. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out below.
Promoter: Shell U.K. Oil Products Limited, Shell Centre, York Road, London SE1 7NA